The following groups of people have reported that Stan Grof’s Holotropic Breathwork has been beneficial to them (please note that there is no specific result that is guaranteed from a holotropic breathwork session) :
- Those who want to experience the power of breath work to heal and connect
- Those who feel disconnected from their emotions and/or what is going on in their bodies
- Those who feel that they are spending too much of their life “in their heads” and want to increase their ability to be in their heart.
- Those who want to expand their consciousness
- Those who want to expand their capacity for forgiveness, love and compassion
- For anyone who wants their creativity to flow more freely
- Anyone who is recovering from trauma
- Those who want to release emotional or physical symptoms and unproductive behavior patterns which may be negatively impacting their life and are rooted in long-forgotten past events buried deep within our unconscious.
- For anyone who would like a “re-charge” from the stress of their daily activities.
- For anyone who would like to connect more deeply or re-connect to the spiritual side of life
[Note: For more information about the spiritual experiences of people in Holotropic Breathwork workshops, check out Stan Grof’s book The Cosmic Game.]
- For connection to “God” and/or their version of a “Higher Power” and/or their “Higher Self”and relationship to the magic of the world we live in
- For people who are grieving and feel a need to have a safe space to allow their grief to come forth.
- For anyone dealing with a physical illness who feels drawn to look inward for possible psychosomatic components of the illness
- For writers who are experiencing writers block and want to give themselves a jumpstart on their writing process
- For “adventurers of the spirit” — those who want to follow Socrates’ advice to “Know Thyself.”
In response to a question about what happens in a breathwork session, one past participant simply stated: “If you feel healthy and happy, Holotropic sessions expand your awareness and consciousness. If you are in pain, breathwork helps you heal.”
- Those who hope to experience mystical and/or satori states through natural breathing techniques (no drugs)
- For anyone suffering from depression who would like to explore a non-pharmaceutical approach to regaining their joie d’vivre.
- For those who are experiencing a general feeling of disorientation and/or dis-connection with the state of the world today and are looking for new perspectives on how to deal with the feelings of disempowerment
- For people who have come to a point where the challenges of life have made them feel they have lost touch with and/or stopped trusting their intuition and want to find a way to re-connect with their innate wisdom.
- For those who are supporting another person in pain and want to learn how to better “be there” for another person
- Those who want to deepen their capacity to feel “present,” both with themselves and others
- Those who want to feel more authentic
- Those who want to know themselves more deeply
- For those who have done psychedelics in the past with good results, but now want to enter a non-ordinary state without taking a substance
- Those who are seeking a more fulfilling life.
- Those who have read the books of Stan Grof and want an opportunity to experience Holotropic Breathwork for themselves
- Those who want to build a deeper trust in their capacity to access their inner wisdom and intuition to improve their lives
- And many many many more…
For more information about any of the above benefits of Holotropic Breathwork, email Michael. or call 310-399-9992.